Listing Process and Sale Process
This is what we do to get your home on the market and get it sold!
- Go see your home, see how and why it is different from the rest of the market and check out the features and benefits that a computer cannot show us.
- Find comparable homes that have sold and adjust them for size, age, location, bedrooms, bathrooms, lot size and special features to make them like yours.
- Share the value we have found along with our marketing plans and programs and give you a net sheet to show your bottom line based on our estimated sales price.
- Fill out and sign all paperwork, and collect a key.
- Recommend and help arrange for all necessary and suggested repairs, this could include, carpet, paint or just miscellaneous gardening or interior fix ups.
- Stage the home, this could be already done or may require some declutter or a professional to come in and help.
- Schedule professional photos.
- Install the yard sign and start some soft marketing in the pre-listing status.
- Received the photos from the photographer and syndicate them to numerous websites using our proprietary KWLS program at Keller Williams.
- Upload to Zillow, where we are Premier Status agents and receive numerous leads.
- Start working with our team to find you your replacement home here locally or refer you to a fantastic agent in our network around the US.
- Put the home on the Multiple Listing Service.
- Implement our marketing plan.
During the Listing Period
- Set up showings and provide you with feedback from all agents that respond.
- Constantly evaluate your home’s stance on the market, and make adjustments accordingly
- Negotiate offers in your favor.
- Open Escrow with a title company of your choice or we will refer ours. (See preferred vendors here)
- Schedule Home Inspectors and Appraisers to come through your home, you keep it clean as it will help with the process.
- You start boxing and packing all the stuff you do not need especially after your inspection and financing deadlines have come to pass.
- Arrange to have the utilities turned off 2 days after your scheduled closing date, to give the buyer a chance to get in and get them settled.
- Go to settlement to sign papers, you do not get your money at that time.
- Watch for closing, this is when it funds and records at the county and when your funds become available if you have equity.
- Move out as negotiated in the contract.
- Call your mortgage company to confirm your loan has been paid off and give them a forwarding address to send your escrows.